Thursday, May 12, 2016

la vida mejicana

Okay so about 2 months ago, my mama and I visited Mexico. This was my 3rd time going to Mexico but my 1st time going to this part of Mexico. We went to Jalisco, were my mom was born and raised. Her cute little town was legit in the middle of nowhere, about 4 hours away from the city. She was born in the country. Ya know, horses and farming and stuff? Yep.
Although there was no wifi or phone service... I freaking loved it so much. It was such a humbling experience. I googled it and it said there is about 35 people who live there... but that is a lie, there is probably 200. Which is still SUPER tiny, it's a cute village.
Everyone knows each other, and almost every family in that village is related to me in some way. The people are so loving and so so so humble. I had never felt more at home than I did there.  My days consisted of eating lots of Mexican food. Which mexican tacos are my life. And spending time with family. We went to soccer games, school performances, restaurants, quinceaneras, and the market..etc.

My grandparents also went to visit at the same time we did, and me and my mama decided to rent a hotel suite at a beach a few hours away and invited my grandparents. It was so fun, I'm already super close with my grandparents but we grew even closer on this trip. This has been by far my favorite trip to Mexico and I would go back and visit with out a doubt.

As the trip came to an end, the goodbyes were hard. Honestly I can not think of any greater people than my mama's family. Love my mexican family and my latin culture.

pics or it didn't happen






mexico will always be another home to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment